the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Thursday, August 18, 2005

our family grows

every once in awhile there comes a time when you add to your family in a special way. Last night was one of those times.
We lost two cats a year ago to old age and illness, after being graced by their presence for 15 years... and it took awhile to be ready to welcome new ones. Last night, through a variety of strange and fortuitous events, we invited two new beings to join us on this journey.
We have not yet learned their names, but they have already brightened the day. They are black as night and wild as two untamed horses... gentle and cuddly, curious and bright.. here they are


they are actually quite difficult to photograph, not just because they rarely stand still, but because they are black as forever.
I was once told that black is the summation of all color, the void, the totality.. for this moment, these two are only delicious insanity! In this photo, the morning after they arrived home, one is playing with a cat sparkle toy, and the other is pouncing on her sister's shadow! Delight all around!
we hope they will tell us their names soon.



on another front, while the orafice hook on my wheel was being attacked today by two little wild kittens, I managed to shoot a couple of photos of my other hobbies.
Here's the beginning of my love shirt for my husband. It's a bamboo golf shirt, 153 stitches on the back on size 5 needles ( translate that : it takes 15 minutes to knit an inch!!) and the back alone is 31" long! Isn't it a GREAT color?!
I'll let you know if it becomes a UFO, but hopefully not, since its a great color, and I already know the pattern.


Last but not least, I photo'd the colorway I just created with pencil roving called Mountain Sunrise, after the photo in the earlier blog..(see I do keep my promises to send photos later!)

3 Comments:

At August 18, 2005 at 9:59 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Aww...Baby kitties! My boys are a little over a year old. Just like kids, they grow too fast.

 
At August 19, 2005 at 3:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful kittens! And your blog is great. Keep writing!

 
At August 24, 2005 at 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lovely colourway. I love colour!

barbara

http://sermomknits.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home