the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Friday, October 21, 2005

Love that Bamboo


I absolutely LOVE knitting with bamboo yarn. Last year I made a cute little summer top. It got lots of use through the summer months - as the bamboo 'breathes' nicely and never felt too hot.





It turned out so well, that I decided to try another project. I searched all over for a kimono style jacket, and ultimately settled on this pattern. The bamboo yarn is designed to knit on a size 5 needle - and the new pattern I chose called for a size 8 needle, or worsted weight yarn. Being the brave fiberwizard that I am, I selected two colorways to knit together. Here's what I came up with:






And here's the close-up of the knitted sample. I am excited about the lovely drape that the bamboo yarn has! I'm looking for a jacket that will flow.
Although I am not so sure about the "tweedy" look for myself, I think it will shape up nicely once its blocked - and look pretty nice over a black blouse. It's a fast knit - fairly mindless, and easy to sew together. Definately my kind of pattern - simple design, great yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home