the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dream sweater BEGINS!

okay - so I finally bit the big bullet, and gave in to my longing to own a sweater knit entirely from Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks. The joy in the length of time it took to choose the fiber is that I have absolutely no regrets!! Misson accomplished ... sweater on the way!
Hurrah!
My "pile" of unspun fiber arrived yesterday and here it is.
The colorway is called Peacock Plume, and is a blend of silk and merino:














I am making a lovely sweater from knitty.com called Cinixia here's their photo. When I saw this pattern I knew that I had found a sweater that I could dream about. The toughest part of this process was choosing from the great selection of colorways available.

As we speak, the pile of fiber, which is a 50/50 blend of bombyx silk and merino, is lying graciously upon my coffee table. It will remain there as inspiration until I begin spinning. (visiting guests for Thanksgiving will understand - they are family and know my propensity for loving fiber) I glance over at it every morning before work, and when I return home from work, telling the lovely pile of fiber that I will "get to you soon".

This is the most wonderous fiber to spin - the deep vivid tones fly through your fingers and beg to be spun. It almost seems to whisper "just a little bit more spinning" when you are done for the day. All thoughts of daily chores (like dusting, laundry or dishes) will be guaranteed to fly from your mind as you spin this yummy fiber. The jewel tones please the eye, the silk/merino content pleases the hand.. all in all........... perfect.

Six ounces of this fiber will take me an entire day to spin and ply (note that the pile you are seeing is 14 ounces) so we are talking at least three entire days of complete bliss :-)
I now lovingly look forward to days of sheer bliss as I ogle my lovely pile of fiber - and hopefully make a few of my readers enjoy it as well.

3 Comments:

At November 18, 2005 at 1:27 PM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Ah, you are already making me enjoy it! Your anticipation is palpable. What a lovely colorway you selected!

 
At November 24, 2005 at 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving your yarn, loving your scenery and can't wait to see what more unfolds from your needles.

http://www.janethornley.com/journal_knitters.php

 
At November 24, 2005 at 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautifully lush yarn! I am eager to watch your sweater grow even though the envy will kill me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home