the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sock dreaming





I'm happier than..... hmmmm... what would the analogy be?
Well, suffice it to say, I'm rollin' in yarn and dreaming of socks!
Lisa Milliman, owner/artist of Dicentra Designs has agreed to dye yarn for our website - waahoooo! Here's some of the superwash sock yarn that we are now carrying







The sock you see pictured is one of the samples Lisa is knitting - a gorgeous work in prgress.
Meanwhile, I am scouring all my books and looking for a perfect pattern to once again try my hand at socks - I am truly inspired, due to all this fabulous yarn.
You can check out these yarns and others she has dyed for us at this link
Dicentra Designs Yarn Just to tickle your inspiration button a bit, we have alpaca lace weight yarn and nylon tape yarn in addition to the sock yarn ! (and more to come in the very near future!

2 Comments:

At November 13, 2005 at 1:20 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow - I love that sock yarn. Maybe it will get me motivated to start dublin bay #2! I'll have to check her site out - I'd love to find brown and pink dyed yarn

 
At November 18, 2005 at 1:18 PM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Wow, that's beautiful yarn!!! Have you looked into Simple Socks Plain and Fancy by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts? It's a great step by step sock knitting book.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home