the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Stash Enhancing



Carole threw down the gaunlet that we should all increase our stash - how fun! And while I am not as much of a frenzied yarn buyer as some others in blog-land, I have been having some fun buying yarns!
This first batch is the yarn I purchased to use in the classes I will be taking at Madrona Fiber Arts Festival in 2 weeks. The classes are all about socks and gloves - and I am greatly looking forward to learning from the best - Nancy Bush and Charlene Schurch ! Yahoo!

The second batch is some sock yarn (no big surprise) I have yet to try. Aren't the colors yummy?

Life here on the farm has continued to be wonderful. While the goats tend to hide in the barns when it rains, the shetland sheep are all about exploring! All the critters just love being back on their own private 'mountain' and daily climb to the top of the hill to bleat their morning hello's. (all the while hoping for another spot of grain from Dad, no doubt!) The rain continues to inundate us here - with an occasional sun break to hint at the soon coming spring. It will only be a couple more months, and I'll be writing about all the new sheep babies we are expecting :-)

I wonder how many of my fellow blogging friends have the same dilemma that I do.... that is: However do I read all of them ?! It is a delightful, yet daunting challenge to stay in touch with so many sweet knitters. And I must say, that after I come home from work, I look forward to checking in on their blogs. The internet has connected our knitting community in a way that is astounding. From Knitters without Borders, to the Knitting Olympics (which now has over 1800 participants) we inspire each other to greater heights of creativity. I would like to tell all of you that I enjoy each and every reply to my blog - and wish that I could answer all of you.. yet the limitation of blogger is that I do not receive your email addresses.... so thank you from my heart for reading and commenting. You are appreciated!

A couple of weeks ago, I got tagged by Amanda for one of those fun meme's. So here goes:

4 jobs you have had in your life
* Mental Health Therapist (currently)
* Bookstore Manager
* Art Gallery Manager
* Full time Mom


4 movies you could watch over and over
* Kate and Leopold
* American President
* Ever After
* Michael


4 places you have lived
* Tiburon, California
* Orlando, Florida
* Norfolk, Virginia
* Amsterdam, Holland


4 TV shows you love to watch
* hmmm, this is a hard one, 'cause I really don't watch tv hardly ever - so the answer is none really

4 places you've been on vacation
* Jamaica
* Hawaii
* Finger Lakes, upstate New York
* Bahamas


4 websites you visit daily
* again another hard one, as I do not get on the internet daily but I do hop on every few days to check out blogs of friends and Knitter's Review :-)

4 of my favorite foods
* Chocolate (all kinds)
* Pasta (all kinds)
* Thai
* Sushi


4 places you would rather be right now
* Jamaica
* anywhere that I can sit and just knit without interruptions :-)

I know that is only two, but I figure that this second one counts for at least 20

4 bloggers that you are tagging
* Miriam - Kungfuknitting
* Kim - Kim Knits and sometimes not

* Lanea - Crazy Lanea
* Jane - Not Plain Jane



Now this last picture is for Becky - who issued the challenge for us all to show off our favorite non-hand-knit socks.... these little beauties are almost ready for the recycle bin - I have enjoyed them thoroughly.

3 Comments:

At January 28, 2006 at 1:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Since you're the second person who's tagged me for this meme, I suppose I'll have to do it!

Congratulations on the beautiful stash enhancements. Lovely!

 
At January 28, 2006 at 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

American President is one of my favorite movies as well!

Your Bloomin' Feet socks look fabulous!

 
At January 30, 2006 at 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a rainbow of fibery goodness. "Fibery" may not be a word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home