the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Friday, January 6, 2006

Teddy Bears Wanting Homes


A few weeks ago, these wonderful bears arrived- all the way from China.. Now they are not just ordinary old teddy bears.... no sir-ree..... they are quite unique.
Made from SoyBeans (yup, you read that right!) these incredibly soft cute bears, have no petroleum products used in making them, no off-gassing, no toxic wastes created..
YAHOO!

I couldn't wait to get some, and to add them to our website. Bears for kids, that are made from this renewable resource (soy), are non-toxic and earth friendly is right up our alley!


Now, the secret is out.. both my Mom and I love Teddy Bears (although I admit she has a much larger collection than I do!) We gave her a tofu-bear for Christmas, and dressed her up in a cute little pink tutu (the clothing for teddy bears at the Bear Mill fits these bears)

Now that things are settling down again, I'll get back to my knitting - I joined a sock exchange group called Bloomin'Feet. I will be knitting a pair of socks for my Secret Sock Pal - Fun!
what to knit, what to knit...what yarn to use?? ahhhh, now that's my kind of dilemma.

2 Comments:

At January 8, 2006 at 6:30 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

They are so cute!

 
At January 9, 2006 at 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are made of soy?! That's about the coolest thing I've ever heard. Is there anything they can't do with that bean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home