the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Along the Road to Olympic Gold




Hey sports fans !
Another Knitting Olympics Gold Medal... came in close, but FINISHED! The ceremonies are still continuing here, and the flame is still burning (*at least on our tv) So I figure that I made it!

Now this might not have been an olympic proportion achievement to other knitters, yet for me it was challenging. Between 3 days of lost knitting while running a booth at Madrona Fiber Arts Festival, 3 days only partial knitting while at Stitches West, AND a full time day job, this knitter had to work hard to complete her first ever lace socks! My previous 'best score' for socks had been one pair in one month.... and so.. Ta Dah!

Along the road I travelled to obtain this gold medal, there were a "few" equipment failures! If you zoom in on the second picture, you'll see three "dead" needles... sigh..
I've now learned that 8 inch double pointed needles are basically not for me!
A big thank you goes out to my equipment-pit-crew
(my husband) who raced to the closest yarn store(a 45 minutes drive) last thursday to buy me some 6 inch size one double pointed needles! (I was flying out on Friday to go to Stitches, and would never have finished without this wonderful equipment!)
And so, the winter Knitting Olympics comes to a close (in our house anyway). Was the gold medal worth it all? Yes, sports fans it was.... because, best of all....... THEY FIT !

8 Comments:

At February 26, 2006 at 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! They are beautiful! And what an achievement, considering how busy you have been (I think that has been the biggest eye-opener for me -- my "quiet" life is actually pretty frenetic). Wear those fantastic socks proudly, now!

 
At February 26, 2006 at 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Teyani. The sox are lovely!

Lissa

 
At February 27, 2006 at 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I haven't had the nerve (or stamina) for lace socks yet, so I'm extra impressed.

 
At February 27, 2006 at 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaay! They look great! Lace socks are fun, tho not on 8" needles...

 
At February 27, 2006 at 6:03 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Bravo! Congratulations on your medal and the beautiful lace socks! Enjoy wearing them! :)

 
At February 27, 2006 at 6:43 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

They are beautiful!! Great job!

 
At March 2, 2006 at 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl those are beautiful socks! Love 'em!

 
At March 5, 2006 at 7:06 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Such gorgeous socks! congrats on your gold :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home