the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Saturday, February 4, 2006

Saturdays

It's a fairly normal Saturday afternoon around our house (with, of course, the exception of the 75 mile/hour winds!) The storm front is passing over as I write. I am hoping that we won't have to plug the generator in once again. They are promising that we might actually see the sun next week :-)

We've been busy all week, preparing for our booth at Madrona Fiber Arts but today I am resting. Between sips of coffee and reading the newest murder mystery on the block (perfect for a stormy day ) I finished one of the socks for my Bloomin' Feet Secret Pal. No, no, I shall not show a picture of the entire sock ! (suspense is so much more fun - and besides, it suits my mood along with my current book!)

My kitties are lounging about near my feet - one lays about as close as she can to my spinning bobbins, having gotten bored since there was no yarn to pull apart (Miss Emily), while the other (Lady Di) plays tiger beneath the potted plants.


This week, I received the most wonderous gift(s) in the mail - from my best knitting pal Ana. We met through Knitter's Review about 6 months ago, when one of the knitters organized a Gift Elf exchange. I would never have guessed that I would make such a dear friend. Ana lives about as far away as one could be in these United States - she hails from Miami.

This is the great friend that I will be meeting in 2 weeks, when we rendevous at Stitches West !

She has gifted me with a glorious assortment of treasures...a fancy dress scarf (that she knit during the HUGE hurricane in Florida) Isn't it fabulous !!! Lantern moon needles, a bumbley bee tape measure, latte scented candle (she has gotten to know me very well) an assortment of amazing soaps (my husband asked if they were cheese!), a handpainted glass nail file, a set of lavendar saches, and some sweet knitting notecards. How'd I get so lucky? ! Thank you Ana - may everyone find a friend as dear as you !

8 Comments:

At February 4, 2006 at 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great knitting buddy! I'm sure you are really looking forward to seeing each other in person soon!

Isn't the internet a great place?

 
At February 5, 2006 at 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the goodies Teyani. You've gained a very thoughtful and sweet friend. The scarf is beautiful as well.

 
At February 5, 2006 at 9:15 AM, Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

Will you be working or playing at Stitches West? I'll be there on SAturday for some serious shopping.

 
At February 6, 2006 at 6:12 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Well the toe is pretty! And the cuff from a previous picture is pretty too! ;)
You got some great presents there! Good for you!

 
At February 6, 2006 at 7:07 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Well I've had a lot of catching up to with my blog reading. I didn't even know that I had been tagged. Doh!

What a great gift elf package and you get to meet, too! Tres cool. The little bits of your sock that you have shown look very beautiful. And your tension is so even. YOur pal is a lucky gal.

 
At February 6, 2006 at 8:41 PM, Blogger Whit said...

Hey - could you try to email me again (or leave your email address at my blog) so I can send you an "official" invite (that way you can join the team blog)?

THANKS!!

whit AT about-time DOT us

Link to Team Blog

 
At February 7, 2006 at 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T, thank you so much for your kind words. You are an amazing woman and deserve much more spoiling than my humble gifts. Looking forward to finally meeting in person and doing some serious shopping together! To the moon....

 
At February 8, 2006 at 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a tease, with your half-sock picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home