the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bloomin' Feet ARRIVED!


I was very very good yesterday... before I went to work, a package arrived for me. Alas, my camera was still at home (and this gift was with me at work) .. so I waited and waited ...and waited until I arrived home to take photos of how pretty it was even before I ripped into it :-) Well, to tell the 'truth', no actual ripping was done... the wrapping for my fabulous socks was a lovely handmade cloth bag (which is already stuffed with my current sock project!

And here they are! Thank you soooo much for these beauties Becky ! They fit as though my feet were there living with you as you knit (smiles) Oooh la la.. the softness... and the color (my favorite!) This is me sitting on the front porch steps of our home (where there was still sunlight to photograph them last night) I could not wait to get them on.. and donned them right over my hose. :-)

There were also other little goodies in my package,(in addition to the handmade knitting bag) ..yes, she truly spoiled me ! some small purple post-its, a bit of yarn for future darning, and some lovely silver stitch markers.. one that says 'imagine' and another that is adorned with little stars. All topped off with an hysterically funny card!
Becky you're the best!! Go and check out her blog, and give her some applause for a job well done!

And finally today, a small request for all my knitting blog friends. I have been writing to a delightful gentleman who is a fly fisherman. He ties his own fishing flies, and has serendipitously stumbled upon our little ring of knitters. He has asked me if we have any bits and scraps of yarn (ho ho ho.. he cannot even possibly imagine the combined stash of this gang can he :-)
Anyway... he can make beautiful use of scraps that are 5" or longer, and he's willing to pay for shipping to him. Colors that work well would be any of the earth tones, jewel tones or things with a bit of sheen to them as well. He is offering also to trade for heirloom tomato seeds (which he grows himself!) His tomatoes grow to be 8-10 feet tall . Whoa!
If you have any bits that you might be able to share, please email me for further info about how to get them to him.... teyani AT crownmountainfarms DOT com .
This is a truly dear person.... let's show him what we can do ! and thank you..

10 Comments:

At March 29, 2006 at 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look wonderful Teyani! You got as good as you gave, didn't you?

Just lovely!

And I would be happy to help out your friend. I'll email you!

 
At March 29, 2006 at 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

: ) I just love a happy ending! (grin)

 
At March 29, 2006 at 9:59 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh you lucky lucky woman you! Your socks are so beautiful and look lovely on your feet. I bet you will have a hard time taking them off to wash them! :) Enjoy them Teyani. :)

 
At March 29, 2006 at 11:15 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

New here via clothesknit, your blooming feet buddy. Anyway, beautiful socks! Looks like you received a gift just as awesome as the one you gave!

 
At March 29, 2006 at 11:18 AM, Blogger Pixiepurls said...

oh wow how pretty those flowers are lol sorry I love wildflowers.. havea ny photos of how that area looks from a distance?

i am brainstorming idea's for my backyard :)

 
At March 29, 2006 at 4:16 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What fabulous socks! They are so lovely and they do look like an absolutely perfect fit. Understandable if you never take them off.

Re: your comment earlier - Thanks! It's taken a fair amount of practice to get decent pictures of that crazy black cat. :)

 
At March 29, 2006 at 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky outdid herself with those socks girl! I'm so glad you were the recipient!!!

And, I too would be HAPPY to help out your buddy w/some yarn.

 
At March 30, 2006 at 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your socks you knitted for Mrs. Clothesknit! They are really wonderful and I'm amazed that these socks were only the 3rd you had ever knit. Ah, you've inspired me.

 
At March 31, 2006 at 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks look great on you - what a great color! I am SO making that pattern so that I won't be jealous anymore...

 
At April 2, 2006 at 6:25 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Such Beautiful socks! And a lovely pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home