the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Saturday, May 13, 2006

What's goin' On

Amidst spring cleaning and celebrating the awakening of my garden, I'm doing a bit of knitting. It's the fiber fair season around here, and I've been knitting up a storm for our booth displays.

First up is the obligatory endless stockingette stitch...
This is a soft rail yarn called "Melody" that we offer on our website. Each ball contains 400 yards, and I'm hoping that I can finish this cute summer top with just two balls. Now wouldn't that be grand! (I'll let you know)









Second is a sock..(but of course!) now you didn't think I wouldn't have one on the needles, did you?
This yummy yarn is 55% mohair and 45% merino. It is dyed is 58 colorways by Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks. We have ten of the colorways on order, and they should arrive by early June. This is a great yarn. I am totally in love with knitting with it, and I don't even mind that I'll have to hand wash these little guys. It knits up fast on size 3 needles. One skein for a pair of socks will cost you $20. Look for it to be added to our website within a month !
The gorgeous sock bag is from Trek. Thank you - it's such fun! I feel so very elegant now that I've disposed of my plastic baggies (grins)

and, lucky me, I have another hand made sock yarn bag on the way from Leah.. yay! (One can never have too many sock yarn bags in this household.) Okay..so I confess that I also have two other socks on the needles right now.

The last thing for our booth this year (that I just finished) is a knit belt. Believe it or not, this is 100% silk yarn. It is a raw silk, and has delightful "nubs". It's available in pastel colors of lilac, yellow(shown), blue, pink, green and a combo color of green-cream-purple. For a limited time it will be available on sale for $8.00/ball (was normally $11). We haven't loaded it up on the website yet - and it may sell out at the shows.
I suspect that my hippie-days are showing.. and I'm really looking forward to wearing this over the summer with my jeans.

It is very fun to make projects for the booth display ('cause I also get to wear them!)

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

7 Comments:

At May 13, 2006 at 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are gorgeous T, and you'll have to share the pattern info!!

And I love your hip silk belt!!

 
At May 13, 2006 at 2:09 PM, Blogger Teyani said...

Forgot to tell the pattern names, and have had a few questions now. So here they are:
The brown sock is a pattern from Socks Socks Socks a book that is a couple years old - it's called butterfly bows
and the blue sock is a pattern from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks - called Stansfield 11.
very easy - very fast ! My kind of patterns

 
At May 13, 2006 at 7:14 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Great socks - and another lovely bag from trek, there. :)

 
At May 14, 2006 at 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock bags are such a wonderful idea! I may have to try my hand at making some!

 
At May 14, 2006 at 8:10 AM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Great socks! I also like the sock bags - must go make myself one (or two!) I also am a zip-lock gal.

Happy Mothers Day to you.

 
At May 15, 2006 at 7:38 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Very pretty socks! The yarn looks soft and yummy!

I love the silk hippie belt too. Very cool!

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

 
At May 15, 2006 at 3:06 PM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Ah, I bet you have a great looking booth. :-) The butterfly bows is so cute. I had that book, but don't remember liking that pattern. It must have something to do with your artistic eye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home