the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Unexpected Treasures

It was a day of small treasures.

Our hillside, which has grown wild around the house, is filled with wildflowers - normally we have clipped the long grass around our gardens by this time of year, yet due to a busy fiber season, it grows and grows. At this moment, there are actually more flowers than grass. this is good.

california poppies in orange, - yellow - red, wild daisies, bachelor buttons, dandelions, and a few as yet unknown species. It is beautiful.

My garden, despite it's lack of attention is growing. thank you.











Sock Hop Yarn "Wild Thing" has been spun thin enough (by me) to sell - 1300 yards out of a pound. Life is good. (note to all, our other spinner consistently spins this thin.. I'm improving! :-)

All 45 skeins of superwash merino that I dyed this weekend in Sock Hop colorways came out perfectly - no "oopps" in the batches this time !




And a glorious sunset to complete the day.

What more could a fiberwizard ask ?
absolutely nothing.

6 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 at 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flowers!! I love Flowers! Thank you for sharing your garden with us!

Hee! I ordered some of the Wild Thing roving to spin my own sock yarn! You are my inspiration Teyani!!

 
At June 12, 2006 at 7:13 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I wish I could spin thin enough to spin sock yarn! Someday...
Yours turned out beautiful!

 
At June 12, 2006 at 9:16 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Beautiful! I miss those poppies. I haven't seen them here in the East. Of course there are other cool things. ;-)

 
At June 12, 2006 at 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask me at Black Sheep what lovely flowers came up in an untended part of my yard... They are pretty. A remnant of another time when there must have been a beautiful yard full of flowers that was weeded religiously.

 
At June 13, 2006 at 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can add to this discussion is:

Lovely. All around.

Lissa

 
At June 13, 2006 at 7:53 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Ahhh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home