the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Return of Sock Hop Yarn

And alas, already sold out (again) in the first couple of hours.... It's been a busy few months at Crown Mountain Farms! (despite our vacation) All our spinners have been busy, the wheels have been whirling, the needles click-clackin'.. and now we present : Sock Hop Yarn ~ officially unveiled on our website! (if it doesn't show up for you, please hit refresh on your browser)
I dyed an enormous amount of fiber, we spun and spun, we washed, we dried and sorted~ and still it has sold out.
wow, and thank you for this overwhelmingly wonderful response !

If you are interested in waiting a couple of months, we'll be glad to spin for you - you'll be able to place an order today, but after that we are closing the order process once again. You can send us an email (go to our website and you'll find it under contact us) and let us know which colorway you'd like, and an email to contact you when it is once again back in stock.


Lest you think that there's been no knitting going on, I share here for your blogging enjoyment a few socks (of course knit from Sock Hop Yarn.) Here are the new colorways I've finished samples of since the last post I made about this yarn (May 2 and May 20).

Even my Mom is getting into the Sock Hop dance :-)
Way to go Mom! She's knitting on some American Pie Colorway.







Big Yellow Taxi











Midnight Hour











Good Vibrations (in progress still)









Great Balls of Fire (showing the accurate color)













Satifaction









Wild Thing












the website sales will be open until it is sold out; then we'll be taking a few back orders. if, for some reason we are totally swamped and sell out before you get some Sock Hop Yarn,and if even the back orders are full, then please send us an email, and specify your wish list. We'll work on spinning it and let you know when it's completed :-)
BTW, we're currently testing out two more spinners to add to our already wonderful team - so we're hoping that we can actually keep some in stock for a few days.. hah!
Next up on my list (after Toasty Toes that is) is to make all the second socks to the ones I've sampled above (grins)

7 Comments:

At July 27, 2006 at 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY OH MY
break out the bubbly!!!!!!!!
Congrats! WooHoo,Happy dance, Happy days, and this chic had best be getting back to the spinning wheel!!!

 
At July 27, 2006 at 12:17 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow you sold out fast huh?! I guess I'll just have to keep spinning my own, which works for me mind you. I have American pie fiber waiting in the wings. I hope to spin every single color you have eventually! :)

 
At July 27, 2006 at 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats once again!
I started swatching with mine (can you believe I was able to hold out this long?!) and I LOVE it. Just need to figure out what needles/pattern to use

 
At July 27, 2006 at 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the amazing success with this! I just received my fiber and am gifting some to my Yarn Aboard buddy -- I have to say that CMF's service was impeccable.

 
At July 28, 2006 at 9:55 AM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I love the Sock Hop Yarns and hope to purchase some Hang On Sloopy roving soon! But now I'm interested in how you test spinners for your yarns. This sounds like something I would be interested in. I mostly spin 2-ply sock yarns for my own use and feel competent at that yarn. Is it possible to test for your spinning team? Thanks!

 
At July 28, 2006 at 10:13 AM, Blogger Teyani said...

Soprano spinner: I'd be glad to talk to you more about the spinning in a private email - I can't get your email off this silly blogger program, so please write to me directly at teyani AT crownmountainfarms DOT com and we can chat more in depth.
thanks!
BTW, to all of you out there - we are already spinning again like crazy, please keep an eye on my blog and our website, as it could be up for sale again within a month :-)

 
At July 28, 2006 at 7:40 PM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

I'll never be able to order this yarn!

Beautiful samples, Teyani!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home