the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Blog-iversary Contest Winners

First off, thank you for all the fun responses to my contest!
According to Karen 'it was a "freakin' hard contest" - true enough (*grins*) but then I never promised easy ! hah! Acutally, with all the hysterical fun around here, I am laughing very hard, because the last two questions were very very easy :-) So, two hard, two easy : works out okay, eh?

And now a brief word from our sponsors.... yes, another Sock Hop sock in American Pie! (my Mom just finished this one) yay Mom!
Okay, back to our regularly scheduled blog:

Here's the contest answers:
1. How many years have I been spinning and knitting (not counting back when I was 10 and fiddled around) I've been knitting and spinning again for 5 years. (see my March 22, 2006 post)

2. What's my favorite wheel? hands down, my Schacht. Now the confusing part to many of you was that on our website, I am pictured with a Majacraft, ...... this is true..... I have indeed spun with these wheels. We sell them, they are wonderful. but I love my Schacht. I also own an original Rick Reeves Wheel (pictured on our home page on the left) yet it is currently in a time out for bad behavior (and no, we won't go there today) I love my Schacht. I can make it dance to any tune I play. It is a delight. (AND - it is pictured all over my blog whenever I show my spinning : see posts from 11/1, 4/7, 5/17, 5/22, 6/29 to name a few.

3. colorways in pencil roving..... 41 (natural is not a colorway .tee hee)

4. Sock Hop colorways.... currently is 24. more will be added someday.

And now for the big moment........... the drawing of the winners.............. drum roll please........... bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm.....
Grand Prize Winner:
Carole Julius!!! come on down and collect your prize! (that translates to email me your address and I'll mail the 2 skeins of "I Feel Good" to you. )Yay Carole!!!

Second Prize Winner:
Siew Sim : you are entitled to a 10% discount on the majority of items we sell on our website
******Congratulations******

thanks all for playing along. and thanks for the comments and support. It has been a fabulous year. I am loving the blogging community, and I am excited about the years to come.
Spin on! (and for those who are curious.. here's a close up of the Sock Hop color Satisfaction that I am plying )
edited to note: bad blogger bad blogger.... it's got the WRONG date on this post. sigh. dumb, dumb, dumb... I actually posted this just a few hours ago, on today, August 4th.... it took me about 4 hours just to load the photos..... dumb dumb dumb... I'm going to take the advice of a sweet friend and switch ot WordPress..... just as soon as I figure it out!

12 Comments:

At August 4, 2006 at 8:30 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Awesome, it was a freakin' hard contest! Hurray for Carole!

Gorgeous sock by your mother!

Thanks for being a great blogger, Teyani!

 
At August 4, 2006 at 10:35 AM, Blogger aija said...

Hooray to the winners! :)

When you go to edit your post in blogger, at the bottom of the text box there's a small bit of text "post & comment options," click the text and a new bar will open up where you can alter the date & time listed on your blogger post. Good luck! :)

 
At August 4, 2006 at 10:55 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

Yippeee! I'm so excited to win. And it was HARD. I spent a lot of time going through your archives for the answers to #1 and #2.

 
At August 4, 2006 at 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Carole!

And the Matchless is so the wheel I have chosen to be my next wheel! I have the Majacraft Rose too, but I have heard such wonderful things about the Matchless. You've sold me!!

 
At August 4, 2006 at 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahoo! I've won something - although this doesn't help my self imposed "do not buy anymore yarn" ;-)

I'll glady be shopping though - thanks for the contest. And yes, it took a bit of searching for #1 and #2! Thanks again.

 
At August 4, 2006 at 12:10 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Hey, Wiz - just saying hi and congrats to your winners.

 
At August 4, 2006 at 1:44 PM, Blogger quantumtea said...

Wordpress is surprisingly painless, I've been using it for over a year and LOVE it. Give me a shout if you need some help getting it rolling.

 
At August 4, 2006 at 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your moms sock looks great. Love how the satisfaction is spinning up. Congrats to the winners!

 
At August 4, 2006 at 5:23 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh crap...I ran out of time! haha What a week this was...blech. Congrats to Carole though. She'll be hooked now after she gets it! hehe

Your plying looks wonderful!

 
At August 4, 2006 at 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on one year of blogging!

I think Reeves has been in a time out long enough, you are going to hurt his feelings...some day I will make it all better......lol

you know who...

 
At August 4, 2006 at 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my Schacht too. I love the way it looks, I love the way it spins.

Nice colorway you're plying!

 
At August 5, 2006 at 8:50 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Congrats to the winners!

Switching to WordPress was pretty smooth - in the Import menu item, there's a way to import your blogger posts and comments. Then there's a utility you can use that imports the blogger pictures to WordPress and updates the links.

Loving it so far!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home