the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Sea of Grass

Henry the Navigator has braved hills and valleys, crossing the plains , mountains and deserts until finally he sailed in today on a sea of grass !


Immediately upon his arrival, he disembarked and strolled our deck (must have felt familiar to him to have his feet on the wooden planks)... where he promptly stood stunned by the beauty of Mount Rainier..... at this point, our amazing wanderer dropped to the ground and said glory be, I'm glad I arrived! (ooppsss, actually I think that was me who said that... tee hee)
It's Yarn Aboard... and it's HERE!




Without further ado, may I present.... the stash! Thanks to Ramona, I'm doin' a fine happy dance here! She has treated me to a gorgeous yarn that I have never used before... way to go Ramona!!! Did I mention that I absolutely love it? ! "Appletini" colorway, hand dyed by Scout.
My dear swap pal has given me so many lovely things that I am speechless (well... almost... I can still gush on a little more if you insist!)


Here's a few closeups of some of the goodies that were hidden in the box along with this fabulous yarn:

Organic Gourmet Cocoa - YUMMMM! (I'm going to make some as soon as I finish this post)

Gardener's Handcare lotion - that is being used as we speak

Taos Sauna - a fabulous smelling hand made soap that I think I'm taking to my office, so I can use it everyday.

Hand felted button.. wonder what I'm going to sew that on.. don't know, but it'll be special.

Project Cards for spinning and knitting - these are handy little things.. totally clever, on which you can track all the info you wish you would have written down, but forgot to.. no more excuses now :-)

Eco Diary - a sweet journal, with a lovely hand painted tree on the cover; filled with blank pages. oh, it inspires me to return to my writing..

It is completely clear to me that Ramona took an enormous amount of care with all these delightful gifts. Thank you for this. I love them all.. it's just perfect

And now, since K is heading back out to the post office..... Henry the Navigator has already set sail for deeper seas..... safe journeys!

11 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 at 3:33 PM, Blogger --Deb said...

Hurray for Henry and Ramona! Beautiful!

 
At September 13, 2006 at 4:05 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Lools great - how do you felt a button, I wonder??

 
At September 13, 2006 at 4:55 PM, Blogger Ramona said...

I'm glad he made it there safely.

 
At September 13, 2006 at 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love the Appletini yarn! Such a thoughtful YA package!

Yay for Teyani and Ramona!!

 
At September 14, 2006 at 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great package. Love the Appletini yarn!

 
At September 14, 2006 at 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The button is marvelous looking! Maybe it needs pillow to be right in the center of!

 
At September 14, 2006 at 6:02 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

what a great box full of goodies!

 
At September 14, 2006 at 7:11 AM, Blogger Karen said...

What beautiful things you got in your box! The yarn is very pretty and that button is really awesome! Enjoy your new presents!

 
At September 15, 2006 at 8:50 PM, Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Go Ramona - wow what a great box of goodies! I want that button!! :-)

 
At September 16, 2006 at 5:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

WOW! What a great Yarn Aboard package!!

 
At September 17, 2006 at 6:05 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Whoa, what a wonderful package to sail into port. You are one lucky knitter!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home