the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Toasty Toes Update and a lovely long weekend

Know what this means??? YUP ! Half way through, and no mishaps ~ Hurrah! I have scoured my Toasty Toes swap pal's blog, and come to the determination that she's a "lace" kind of pal, so I decided that a lace sock was in order. I'll reveal the pattern and body of the sock in due time :-)



Want one more peek? Here's the side of the gusset. I'm particularly pleased with this part. I used a technique from Charlene Schurch's book Sensational Knitted Socks. It worked exactly as she described. Yay!







It's been a wonderfully busy weekend ~ my oldest brother came in for a visit from Los Angeles, my daughter Erin had an Art Show in Issaquah, WA , and I finished plying the Twist and Shout Sock Hop Colorway. We are spinning like crazy to re-build our stock and eventually put the yarn up for sale another time.




Here's a few photos from the art show (yes, my daughter Erin is the one with fairy wings!). The town of Issaquah WA had an evening Art Walk, with about 20 artists participating. Many business' opened their shops to show the art. Erin's showing was in the hall of a Kung Fu studio (you might notice some of the martial arts paraphanalia in the background.) The evening was a smashing success - hoards of people came by - and everyone oohed and aahed alot. It was such fun. The contact juggler is Erin's wonderful boyfriend, Sean.




We'll be updating the website soon with all the new sock colorways. Oh and here's some exciting news... as we speak, our webmaster is working on adding a new line of Dicentra Designs Sock yarn in a 50% alpaca - 50% merino. It's gorgeous. (check back in a few days to see all the colorways) Also there will soon be added several Dicentra Designs superwash merino roving to spin. Life is good.

And for those of you who have written and asked me, I still have a few of the knitting/sewing bags that my Mom handmade, for sale. (see the end of my previous post for more information)

11 Comments:

At September 10, 2006 at 2:47 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

Congratulations to the artist! Woot! And the sock looks great, as does the spinning.

 
At September 10, 2006 at 3:19 PM, Blogger --Deb said...

The art show sounds like it was great fun--congratulations! Nice sock, too, and that new colorway looks beautiful.

 
At September 10, 2006 at 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From that little tease of a picture, your socks are looking lovely!
And you have such a cute daughter.

 
At September 10, 2006 at 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, talent really runs in the family, doesn't it? Your daughter's art is beautiful.

The TT socks are coming along nicely. It looks like a lovely lacy leaf pattern. I'm sure your pal will love it!

 
At September 11, 2006 at 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughter's very talented! I love how then new colorway spun up.

 
At September 11, 2006 at 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love lacey socks - the blue worked really well for them.

He can juggle? That is way too cool. I really admire people with that much coordination

 
At September 11, 2006 at 5:51 AM, Blogger Karen said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful and busy weekend. Congratulations to your daughter!
The little peek of your TT socks looks intriguing! I can't wait to see all of it.

 
At September 11, 2006 at 7:22 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

wow - that gusset is a work of art! Beautiful job!(as I get out my SKS book!)

 
At September 11, 2006 at 9:15 AM, Blogger Fiberjoy said...

If you still have one of your mom's sock bags I'd love one. You wrote such a beautiful tribute to your folks the bag would be a tangible reminder of a mother's precious love.

Smooth, flawless gussett. Very nice.

Great exposure for your daughter. What a fun evening.

 
At September 15, 2006 at 7:18 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

Man, that's a great creative family you have there!

 
At September 16, 2006 at 5:55 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That sock looks great! And the show sounds very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home