the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Surprises

It is always great fun to get packages - especially when they are hand knit gifts.
Today brought a perfect gift - Toasty Toes socks from Gracie.
Even my kitties were excited when I opened this box of goodies - they were trying to figure out how to get the wrappers off those sweet tarts. hee hee

The weather turned gnarly last night here, dropping from a previous day's high of 70 degrees, to the mid teens last night. Frost on the windows and all the plants outside makes it the perfect Halloween - and the perfect scene for showing off my new warm tootsies!

Thank you Gracie, for these gorgeous socks. They fit perfectly. And the color is divine. They are beautifully knit as well. I am one lucky sock pal. I am not sure how she got these knit up so fast, given all the other excitment in her life... the baby on the way ! - but I am delighted that she did. Thank you.
She included a bunch of Halloween goodies, and even a teensy Frankenstein finger puppet (which is going to my office for the kids to play with. hah!)

What a wonderful sock swap. I had a great time - thank you, once again Amanda, for hosting all this fun! I luvs me my new socks!! Yippeee...

14 Comments:

At October 31, 2006 at 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo pretty! a perfect halloween treat :)
stay warm!!

 
At October 31, 2006 at 3:20 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Well don't those look all toasty and warm. Enjoy your beautiful new socks Teyani!

 
At October 31, 2006 at 4:40 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Woo hoo how cool!

 
At October 31, 2006 at 7:02 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

The socks are beautiful. Wear them well.

 
At October 31, 2006 at 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely!! Gracie timed that extremely well! And sweet goodies too! Who could ask for more!!

 
At October 31, 2006 at 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so busy admiring the beautiful socks, that I scarcely noticed the frost on the window. Those socks arrived at the perfect time!

 
At November 1, 2006 at 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely socks. The black tights, warm colored socks - very stylish.

 
At November 1, 2006 at 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such Toasty Toes! Very very pretty socks...yes, you are a lucky girl, indeed!

 
At November 1, 2006 at 7:27 AM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Beautiful socks! Wow - and perfect timing as well.

Thanks for your comments - I think I will save the leftover roving until I know what I am doing with the wheel. It is too pretty and I don't want to ruin it... I need to start with something you didn't put so much work into :-)

 
At November 1, 2006 at 9:23 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Those look perfect for the frosty weather! Such a great swap pal - and all those sweet tarts! YUM!

 
At November 1, 2006 at 2:15 PM, Blogger Ramona said...

What a nice treat!

 
At November 2, 2006 at 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks!

 
At November 5, 2006 at 9:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are really lovely socks Teyani - just lovely. They look so great on your feet - I hope they stayed up there for a bit (relaxing I mean!). You did well!

 
At November 11, 2006 at 7:03 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wonderful socks - I love that they'll provide a burst of sunshine on your feet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home