the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Almost Sock Hop Yarn

It has been a grand adventure to create the hand spun Sock Hop Yarn. Over the past 5 months we have been working to add more spinners - and have been successful with quite a few (yay!) Five new spinners have joined our team, and our feet and fingers are racing along to create yarn for you. Each pound of yarn takes the average handspinner (me) about 14 hours to spin the singles - and then another few hours to ply it/wash it/ and dry it. Every pound has about 1300 yards total. It's alot of mileage that is running through our wheels. :-)

While in process, some yarn has been handspun that doesn't quite fit the specifications for our Sock Hop Yarn...... and thus I present to you at a reduced price of $13/skein....
Almost Sock Hop Yarn

Here are some photos of what is for sale - We won't be selling this through our website, since it is non-repeatable - and so I offer it here. Please email me at the address you'll find at the bottom of this post. When it's gone, it's gone. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do...Beautiful hand dyed, hand spun yarn.
Each skein is approximately 200 yards - and they are $13 / skein + shipping


Number One: a lovely reddish brown yarn. It is perfectly spun - but was washed in hot water, and thus the colors bled into something that isn't quite the usual colorway. Total of 5 skeins available.
5 skeins sold
SOLD OUT









Number two: a version of Pink Cadillac. It is plyed a bit looser than we'd normally hope for. There are a total of six skeins for sale.
6 Sold

Sold Out








Number three: a version of Say a Little Prayer - again this is a very soft ply - and a tad bit thicker than normal for sock yarn. It would make a fabulous shawl. please note that some of the skeins have a knot in them where the yarn was joined. Seven skeins available
7 sold
SOLD OUT





Number four: a version of Wild Thing - this also is a softer yarn, plyed loosely and a bit thicker than sock yarn. Like the yarn above, some skeins have a knot in them. Six skeins available

6 sold
SOLD OUT




Number five: A version of Twist and Shout. This yarn is a bit too thick - it knits up on a size 2 needle (instead of our normal size 1) . We have three skeins available - a pair of knee socks anyone?
All sold out

So there you have it - Please email me at : teyani AT crownmountainfarms DOT com and I will let you know how to purchase these. (The softer yarns are very suitable for a shawl perhaps?) I'm delighted to be able to offer this sweet handspun to you at a discount. As we continue to have 'spinners-in-training', we might be able to offer more yarn like this in the future - but for now this is the full "stash".

7 Comments:

At November 8, 2006 at 10:54 AM, Blogger Sara M. said...

Hey Teyani!
I just emailed you! :o)

 
At November 8, 2006 at 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you keep some back for your personal stash? I would have!!

 
At November 8, 2006 at 7:30 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Whoa that all went fast, didn't it?

 
At November 8, 2006 at 8:03 PM, Blogger Joyfossil said...

I emailed you... I am lusting in my heart over your yarn! (Doesn't that make me sound like a famous evangelical yarn person... hee hee).

xo,
Joy

 
At November 9, 2006 at 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you temptress!!
you know I dream of your yarn!!

hrmm I may have to email you about the wild thing coloway

 
At November 9, 2006 at 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow......... that's amazing. I missed it again. LOL! I see you didn't have any trouble getting rid of any of it!

 
At November 10, 2006 at 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great idea!!

 

<< Home