the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The socks are Bloomin'

The sun has peeked out for the first time in what feels like weeks - so I thought that I would snap a quick photo of my Bloomin' Feet Sock in progress.
Guess what? yup - it's got cables (grin)
I'm using a pattern from the books Socks Socks Socks - called Tipsy Knitter,
The design was taken from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of knitting, a pattern called Tilting Ladder. It will most likely turn out to be a slouch sock, as the lace/cable combo doesn't make for a very tight fit.. This particular pattern holds great appeal because I have to pay attention for every single row. The combination of lace with alternating cables shows the yarn quite well - don't ya think?

I am heading out today to stock up at the grocery store - the weather forecasters are saying that the sun won't last, and that snow levels are dropping. We could be in for another storm (but then again... who knows) Yesterday was full of bizarre changes - from rain to sun, then rain to ice pellets. Temperatures dropping ten degrees in a matter of minutes. Not quite a typical February.
Friday I am going to spend a day of 'girl time' with my oldest daughter in Seattle. It's my birthday. What better way to celebrate than being with one of the very best parts of my life. Although you might think it's impossible, my love for my daughters grows every year. I watch them creating their lives, full of joy and excitement and I could not possibly be more proud. When she asked me what I wanted for my birthday, it was an easy answer.. just to spend time with her.

30 Comments:

At February 21, 2007 at 9:36 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh, pretty sock! Have fun in Seattle!

 
At February 21, 2007 at 10:49 AM, Blogger margene said...

Celebrate and have a great time! You're BF socks are sooo pretty.

 
At February 21, 2007 at 10:56 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

such a pretty sock! have a wonderful time in Seattle - happy birthday!!! a great way to spend it!

 
At February 21, 2007 at 11:09 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

The socks are awesome, I love the color. Happy Birthday and enjoy the time with your daughter.

 
At February 21, 2007 at 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I got a lump in my throat reading the end of your post. Time with our loved ones is so precious.
Punkin in Oregon

 
At February 21, 2007 at 11:46 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

happy birthday

 
At February 21, 2007 at 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock is coming out gorgeous!
Happy Birthday Teyani! What a lovely way to spend your special day! Have fun:)

 
At February 21, 2007 at 11:52 AM, Blogger Chris said...

That's a lovely sock!

Happy early birthday and have a great time in Seattle!

 
At February 21, 2007 at 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, T!

 
At February 21, 2007 at 12:20 PM, Blogger Karen said...

It looks like a perfect sock pattern for the yarn you chose. Beautiful!

Happy almost Birthday my friend! Enjoy the day with your daughter!

 
At February 21, 2007 at 12:29 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Lovely sock in gorgeous colours -- yummy. Happy Birthday! 35 is such a good year, isn't it. (wink)

 
At February 21, 2007 at 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your birthday, Teyani!

 
At February 21, 2007 at 1:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! My hubby and I had a weekend away last weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Quality time with loved ones is a special treat. Enjoy!

 
At February 21, 2007 at 1:17 PM, Blogger Carolina Lange said...

I love the color of the sock. Your work is great!

 
At February 21, 2007 at 4:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Gorgeous!

Happy birthday and have fun on your trip.

 
At February 22, 2007 at 3:00 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Sun, Beautiful socks(with cables), a Birthday!, a visit with your daughter AND crocus' blooming! The gods are smiling on you! Have a great birthday and great visit.

 
At February 22, 2007 at 3:58 AM, Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Nice socks!! And, yes I would definately be interested in that vitamin list!! THANK YOU

 
At February 22, 2007 at 4:04 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Love the sock, of course! I'm going to do my BF sock from the same book if all goes well. One more half-finger glove to do and then I'll be winding yarn for that. An early Happy Birthday! I hope you guys have a fabulous time. I know what you mean, dinner with the boys is my most common bday request.

 
At February 22, 2007 at 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! That's a wonderful way to treat yourself.

Gorgeous color! Pattern too. No sock machine does it like that.

 
At February 22, 2007 at 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sock! Have a wonderful Birthday!

 
At February 22, 2007 at 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! The socks look great - and the pattern's name is the very best part. Well, the yummy yarn might be the BEST part, but the name of the pattern in a close second.

 
At February 22, 2007 at 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! Perfect for Blooming Feet. : )

 
At February 22, 2007 at 6:41 PM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Have a wonderful Birthday, Teyani! They way you wrote about your daughter brought a smile to my face. You must be a great mom.

 
At February 23, 2007 at 6:08 AM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! Enjoy your day and your daughter.
The socks are fabulous, BTW.

 
At February 23, 2007 at 6:38 AM, Blogger clothesknit said...

i know you emailed me about taking a pic of your sock but for some reason bloglines isn't picking up your posts for me! boo hoo. the sock however, is lovely and colorful!

happy birthday teyani! have a great day with e :o)

 
At February 23, 2007 at 7:22 AM, Blogger hillary said...

Have a great birthday. I can't think of a better way to spend it.

 
At February 23, 2007 at 7:48 AM, Blogger Lucia said...

What a beautiful sock! Happy birthday to us!

 
At February 23, 2007 at 8:44 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Happy Birthday, Ms. Fiber Wizard!!
(I love the socks! they're coming along very nicely!)

 
At February 23, 2007 at 10:36 AM, Blogger elizabeth said...

Hap, Hap, Happy Birthday!!!

Hope it's fabulous!

 
At February 23, 2007 at 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty socks, and Happy Birthday to a fellow February baby! Your daughters are so lucky to have such a wonderful Mom. :)

 

<< Home