the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Sunday, February 4, 2007

We interrupt our regularly scheduled blog post for..

a CMF announcement !
Alright, all you superwash afficianados, there are ten new colorways that will be available for sale in a few hours. (in fiber form naturally)... all you wonderful Sock Hop Yarn friends will have to wait a little bit longer.
Here they are:
Chain of Fools - a brilliant mix of Chartreuse and orange


Do You Wanna Dance - this one we've seen a glimpse of before
and I have also spun some up, and am knitting with it. Here's my samples in progress..










Ebony and Ivory - this may look a bit like "do you believe in Magic" colorway; yet it's not dyed in the same manner at all. The proof will be in the spin and knit (and I've not had time to do it yet) - and there is a possibility this color will be soon be deleted from the line up. yet the way it is supposed to look is like a black and white version of Big Yellow Taxi - more striped, less tweedy. We shall see!


Glad All Over - this one was created at the request of Theresa.. she had asked me for one that is mostly greens - I was so excited about how this came out that I immediately began to spin it! I just began the second bobbin full, so there's been no plying yet- stay tuned. Thus far it is looking like rich earthy moss. (just what I wanted)






Happy Together - several shades of gold and light blue

Let's Hang On - just a wild and crazy mix of golden brown, pinks and blues.

Magic Carpet Ride - this color make me think of ancient persian carpets... all burgandy, deep green and tan

Secret Agent Man - dark smokey grey, a dash of rose - and some deep olive greens.


Spirit in the Sky
- I made this colorway especially for Carole - a dramatic splash of reds (yay) brilliant yellow, and orange - (Carole and I both luvs us the reds!)

You Baby - vivid robin's egg blue and a rich earthy brown

So there you have it. Hop on over to our website - they are now ready for purchase :-)
We return you now to our regularly scheduled program... the classes at Madrona Fiber Arts Festival.

9 Comments:

At February 4, 2007 at 10:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Teyani you are a colour and dye genius; the fibers are spectacular! I definitely see more fiber in my future - good thing I made some space in my stash!

 
At February 4, 2007 at 12:59 PM, Blogger Krista McCurdy said...

oh, god, they're gorgeous.

 
At February 4, 2007 at 1:09 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

oooh, goody! I placed my order!

 
At February 5, 2007 at 5:47 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh I LOVE You Baby! Watch me hop on over there right now... see I can even hop on one foot! :)

 
At February 5, 2007 at 8:42 AM, Blogger hillary said...

These are so beautiful. Your colors are great. I don't think I could do it justice yet but I will soon.

 
At February 5, 2007 at 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooOOOOooo You should hire Rumpelstiltskin to get the spinning done faster!

 
At February 5, 2007 at 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy spinning with this stuff -- I've been playing with "Wild Thing" and "I Got You Babe," lately. The new colors look just as tempting!

 
At February 6, 2007 at 2:50 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Wowzers! I need to find a second job!

 
At February 6, 2007 at 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the colors are beautiful! I had a hard time deciding but settled on Magic carpet ride and Let's hang on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home